Hasselback Red Potatoes with Shallot Herb Butter
Put a Swedish twist on your spuds with this centuries-old technique that yields a dish similar to a baked potato but with slits cut into it for the buttery toppings to drip down into and cover every delicious crevice.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more holiday recipes.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6 red potatoes, scrubbed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine shallots, butter, thyme, sage, pepper and salt.
- Make 10 to 12 deep slits crosswise in each potato, being careful not to cut all the way through. Smear 2 tsp butter mixture into slits of each potato. Wrap each potato in a square of foil and place on a baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 potato with herbed butter
- Calories 226
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 20 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 102 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g