Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
THE POWER OF PAPAIN: Pineapple contains papain, a potent digestive enzyme that aids the body in digestion by making it easier to break down proteins. This nutrient-packed fruit has also been found to help reduce pain and inflammation in the body.
1. In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken. Transfer marinade to a large zip-top freezer bag and add chicken. Seal bag, removing as much air as possible. Massage chicken mixture to evenly distribute marinade; place bag flat on a freezer shelf. Freeze for up to 2 months.
2. To cook: Remove bag of frozen chicken from freezer and place on a large dish; thaw in fridge, 24 hours.
3. Preheat indoor grill to medium-high. Remove chicken from marinade; discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken, turning once, until no longer pink inside and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of chicken reads 165°F, 15 to 18 minutes. (Alternatively, if you don’t have an indoor grill, you can broil 7 to 9 minutes per side.)
- Serving Size 1 breast
- Calories 162
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 78 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 168 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g