NOTE: A food dehydrator can be used as well. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Recipe and image by doggydessertchef.com
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 to 2 8- to 10-oz chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips and fat removed (TIP: They are easier to cut if allowed to freeze slightly.)
- 1 sweet potato, cut lengthwise into uniform pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°F. Meanwhile, wrap each sweet potato piece with a slice of chicken.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet ½ inch apart, brush with oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Dry in oven, with door slightly open (prop door open with a dry, rolled-up dish towel) to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry in appearance and texture. Cool and store in an airtight container.