Healthy Dog Treats: Chicken-Wrapped Sweet Potato “Bones”
Your pup will love these "bones" and you'll feel good by giving him something that is healthy and nutritious.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
NOTE: A food dehydrator can be used as well. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Recipe and image by doggydessertchef.com
- 1 to 2 8- to 10-oz chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips and fat removed (TIP: They are easier to cut if allowed to freeze slightly.)
- 1 sweet potato, cut lengthwise into uniform pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°F. Meanwhile, wrap each sweet potato piece with a slice of chicken.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet ½ inch apart, brush with oil and sprinkle with parsley.
- Dry in oven, with door slightly open (prop door open with a dry, rolled-up dish towel) to let out moisture, for about 3 to 4 hours, until meat is dry in appearance and texture. Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g