Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: The combination of spinach, avocados and pistachios make this salad a nutrient superstar, packing 51% and 46% of your daily recommended intake of vitamins B6 and C, respectively. The latter is essential for normal brain function, helping your body create chemical neurotransmitters that send signals among nerve cells.
- In a large, shallow bowl, add chicken and 3 tbsp lemon juice. Turn to coat. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt, cayenne and 1/2 tsp black pepper on all sides of chicken, dividing evenly. Set aside.
- Place a ridged grill pan on medium-high heat and mist with cooking spray. Add chicken and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. If necessary, work in batches to avoid overcrowding pan. Transfer to a cutting board and set aside until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes. Cut each chicken breast crosswise into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, yogurt, oil, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss spinach, onion, pomegranate and pistachios and divide among serving plates. Top with chicken and avocado and drizzle with dressing, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast, 1 1/2 cups salad, 1/4 avacado
- Calories 337
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 82 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 433 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g