Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Looking for more tomato recipes? Click here.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole-wheat flour, spelt flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until it’s the size of small peas. Using a fork, mix in 6 tbsp ice water just until dough comes together, adding up to 2 tbsp more ice water if necessary. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth, 4 to 5 times. Press into disk, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high. Lightly mist a 12-inch round pizza pan with cooking spray. In a small bowl, stir together Parmesan and ricotta. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle. Transfer to pan, letting excess overhang edge of pan. Arrange tomatoes and leek over top. Dollop with ricotta mixture and sprinkle with pepper. Fold excess dough over to cover edge of toppings.
- Turn off heat on 1 side of grill. Place galette on unheated side, close lid and grill, rotating pan every 15 minutes, until crust is golden brown and ricotta mixture is beginning to brown, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Slide onto a cutting board, sprinkle with fresh herbs and drizzle with oil.
- Serving Size 1/6 of galette
- Calories 327
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 49 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 268 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g