- Prep Time
- 1 lemon
- 4 oz whole-grain crusty bread, roughly torn
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tsp chopped fresh sage + 1 whole sprig, divided
- Leftover garlic-sage oil (from Cauliflower Steaks), divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp whipping cream (35%)
- Leftover roasted cauliflower florets (from Cauliflower Steaks)
- 4 4-oz skinless cod fillets
- 4 cups lightly packed baby arugula
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Zest lemon. Slice half of lemon; juice remaining half of lemon.
2. In a food processor, combine lemon zest, 2 tsp lemon juice, bread, 3 cloves garlic, parsley, 2 tsp chives, chopped sage, 2 tsp garlic-sage oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside. Wipe out food processor.
3. In a large saucepan, combine sage sprig, broth, cream, remaining 2 cloves garlic and 1/8 tsp salt; bring to a boil. Stir in cauliflower florets leftover from our Cauliflower Steaks with Quick-Braised Chard recipe; return to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cook until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes. Discard sage sprig. Transfer mixture to food processor. Add 1 tsp lemon juice and blend until smooth. Wipe out saucepan; scrape mixture back into saucepan. Stir in remaining 4 tsp chives; cover to keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, on prepared sheet, arrange lemon slices in single layer. Arrange fish, 1 inch apart, over top. Press about 1/4 cup bread crumb mixture firmly over top of each fillet. Bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 10 to 14 minutes.
5. In a large bowl, toss arugula with remaining lemon juice, 2 tsp garlic-sage oil and 1/8 tsp salt. Divide cauliflower mixture among plates. Top with fish and arugula.
Note: This dish requires ingredients from our Cauliflower Steaks with Quick-Braised Chard recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet and 1/4 of purée
- Calories: 285
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 57 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 745 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g