Hands-on time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 1 split bone-in, skin-on turkey breast (about 2 1/2 lb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage leaves
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place turkey breast, skin-side-up, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and zest, herbs, salt and pepper. Using your fingers, gently loosen skin from turkey breast meat without removing it completely. Rub herb-oil mixture under skin and all over turkey breast meat (including underneath breast as well).
- Roast, skin side-up, for 50 to 60 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 165°F when inserted into thickest part of breast (test in a few places to make sure).
- Cover turkey with foil and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Remove and discard skin, then cut turkey breast from bone. Slice meat and serve.
Nutrients per 3-oz skinless turkey breast meat: Calories: 160, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 1 g, Fiber: 0.5 g, Sugars: 0.25 g, Protein: 21 g, Sodium: 282 mg, Cholesterol: 53 mg