1. Prepare sauce: In a large skillet on medium, melt ghee. Add onion and sauté until golden, 5 minutes. Add carrot, celery, mushrooms, garlic, oregano, paprika, pepper flakes, salt and black pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add diced tomatoes with liquid, tomato paste and ½ cup water; increase heat and bring to a boil for 1 minute. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, uncovered.
2. Meanwhile, make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients. Form about 2 heaping tbsp of mixture into each meatball, making about 20 meatballs.
3. Add meatballs to skillet with sauce and simmer until meatballs are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make cauli-rice: Pulse cauliflower in a food processor to rice-sized pieces. In a medium skillet on medium, melt ghee. Add cauli-rice and sauté 5 minutes. Add ¼ cup water and salt, cover and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
5. Stir basil into tomato sauce. To serve, divide cauli-rice among plates. Top each serving with sauce and meatballs.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, freeze 1 serving of meatballs. Store remaining meatballs and cauli-rice separately in refrigerator and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 535
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 177 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 43 g
- Saturated Fat Content 12 g
- Sodium Content 960 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g