Nutritional Bonus: Potatoes are definitely not empty calories. In fact, they’re a good source of vitamins B6 and C, as well as potassium, an essential mineral that helps regulate heart function, blood pressure and nerve and muscle activity. Enjoy a 4-ounce serving of potatoes today for 12% of your potassium intake!
- Fill a pot with 1 inch of water and fit with a steamer basket. Place potatoes in steamer basket and bring water to a boil over high heat. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add parsley, chives, oil, salt and pepper and toss gently. Serve hot.
- Serving Size 4 oz potatoes
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 130 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g