Herbed Parmesan Popcorn with Brazil Nuts
Make your own seasoned popcorn for an anytime snack. Ours uses rosemary and garlic powder and, of course, Parmesan, for a salty, cheesy flair.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic popcorn (TRY: Eden Organic Popcorn)
- 1 cup unsalted Brazil nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix together cheese, rosemary, garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a heavy-bottomed medium pot, heat coconut oil on medium. To pot, add 2 to 3 kernels popcorn and cover with a lid. Once kernels pop, about 2½ to 3 minutes, add remaining popcorn in an even layer and cover, leaving it open about 1/2 inch to allow steam to escape.
- Shake pot occasionally. If you can’t shake it with the lid ajar, then cover the pot, shake and open the lid again when you return the pot to the heat.
- Once the popping slows down to several seconds in between each pop, remove lid and add Brazil nuts to pot. Transfer popcorn mixture to a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese mixture and toss to coat. In cool climates, store in an airtight plastic bag or container for 3 to 4 days; in warm climates, refrigerate in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days.
Related: Kettle Corn Two Ways
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 294
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 204 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g