Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more holiday recipes here!
- In a large heavy pot on medium, heat olive oil. Add white onions and celery; cook for 7 minutes or until soft and tender.
- Add apples,garlic cloves, 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh sage and oregano and sea salt. Cook for 2 minutes and stir to combine.
- Add Chardonnay and chicken broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add wild and brown rice mix, cover and cook for 40 to 50 minutes, until rice is tender. A
- Add quinoa, 1 tbsp each finely chopped fresh sage and oregano. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked.
- Add walnuts and almonds, cherries and rosemary; stir to combine. Season with salt and ground black pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Transfer cooked quinoa and rice mixture to baking dish, leaving it fluffy and not pressed into the dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g