Herbed Ricotta & Fresh Tomato Tart
This celebration of summer combines lemon-herbed ricotta, juicy heirloom tomatoes and a scattering of fresh herbs onto premade crusts – easy as pie. Swap in gluten-free or grain-free crusts to accommodate any dietary restrictions.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 8- to 10-inch frozen whole-grain pizza crusts
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil + additional for garnish
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- ¼ tsp each fine sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 2 cups sliced heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (TRY: Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes)
- ⅛ tsp flaky sea salt, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, mix together one- half of oil with the garlic. Brush onto crusts; bake according to package directions. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend ricotta, lemon zest and juice, basil and dill. Season with fine salt and pepper.
3. Evenly spread ricotta mixture over both crusts, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with tomatoes, Parmesan and pepper flakes and drizzle with remaining one-half of oil; scatter additional basil on top (if using). Sprinkle with flaky salt.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 472
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 656 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g