- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 large white or brown mushrooms (2 to 2 1/2 inches across), or a combination
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 9 tbsp whole-wheat panko bread crumbs, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh chives + additional for garnish
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh oregano + whole leaves for garnish
- 1½ tsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley + whole leaves for garnish
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Carefully pull stems from 20 mushroom caps and set caps aside. Finely chop stems and 4 remaining mushrooms. In a medium skillet on medium, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add chopped mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in 6 tbsp panko. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Mist a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange mushroom caps on top, stem side up.
- Into chopped mushroom mixture, stir egg, chives, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, slightly mounding over top. In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tbsp oil and 3 tbsp panko, then use mixture to top mushrooms. Bake until mushrooms are tender and topping is browned, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then arrange mushrooms on a serving platter and garnish some with chopped chives, some with oregano leaves and some with parsley leaves. Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 2 mushrooms
- Calories: 71
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Fat Content: 4.5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 206 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g