Want more delicious popcorn recipes? Click here.
Makes: About 8 cups
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter, melted, or olive oil cooking spray, divided
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh herbs, to taste (TIP: Christine recommends basil, chives or Mexican mint marigold.)
- In a large sauté pan, heat oil on medium-high, swirling pan to coat. Add 3 kernels and salt and cook with lid slightly ajar until all 3 kernels pop.
- Remove pan from heat. Immediately add remaining kernels, cover completely and swirl pan to spread kernels in an even layer. Keep off heat for 30 seconds, then return to heat and cook with lid slightly ajar, shaking pan gently, until popping becomes less frequent. (TIP: Wait until there are several seconds between each pop.) Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
- Drizzle popcorn with 1 tbsp butter or mist with cooking spray. Add 2 tbsp cheese and herbs and toss to combine. Drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp butter or mist with additional cooking spray and add remaining 2 tbsp cheese. Top with additional herbs and salt. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (1 cup): Calories: 110, Total Fat: 9 g, Sat. Fat: 3 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 6 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 2 g, Sodium: 69 mg, Cholesterol: 10 mg