Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
See Also Lemony Catfish Kebobs on Wild Rice
- Arrange oven rack about 6 inches from top heat source and preheat broiler to high. In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and 2 cups boiling water. Increase heat to high, cover and bring to a boil. Add orzo, 1⁄8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and continue simmering until orzo is al dente, 4 to 6 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Once orzo is simmering, thread 3 chicken tenders on each of 4 metal skewers and place on a large rimmed baking sheet. Mist with cooking spray and sprinkle with herb blend, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 1/2 tsp black pepper. Broil for about 8 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in thickest part and temperature reaches 165°F on an instant-read thermometer. (TIME-SAVING TIP: Chop olives and mint while chicken and orzo are cooking.)
- To orzo, stir in olives. Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with cheese. Top each with 1 skewer and sprinkle with mint.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups orzo and 1 chicken skewer
- Calories 522
- Carbohydrate Content 59 g
- Cholesterol Content 91 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 573 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g