Torn between making a satisfying sit-down breakfast and a speedy meal that’ll get you out the door ASAP? A smoothie bowl just might be the perfect solution. It’s all the convenience of whipping up a quick smoothie in your blender, but endlessly customizable and wholly satisfying. And you don’t have to drink your breakfast! Plus, you can incorporate a rainbow of nutritious ingredients into every spoonful. And this Hibiscus-Berry Smoothie Bowl is the perfect example.
Featuring a blend of nutrient-dense, antioxidant-rich fruits plus the tart and tropical flavor of hibiscus, this Hibiscus-Berry Smoothie Bowl is everything you need to start your day. And as an added bonus, there’s no cooking required. For an extra dose of good-for-you nutrients, we’ve added flax seeds and chia seeds – two tiny but mighty seed varieties that can offer a whole lot of fiber – into the mix.
When you’re making this smoothie bowl, here’s a tip: Don’t skip the frozen banana. Keeping it in the mix lends creaminess and balances the tartness of the hibiscus petals and berry blend.
For more cool, creamy smoothie bowls to start your day or snack on, try these nourishing recipes:
Hibiscus-Berry Smoothie Bowl
- In a small bowl, stir together the chia seeds, flax seeds and hemp hearts. Set aside.
- Place ⅔ of the yogurt in a high-speed blender or food processor. Add hibiscus, almond milk, banana, frozen strawberries and honey. Blend on high for 1 minute until smooth.
- Pour mixture into two bowls. Swirl in the remaining yogurt. Sprinkle chia mixture over smoothie and top with mixed berries.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 289
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 108 mg
- Sugar Content 28 g