Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Improve Your Life: Like all nuts, walnuts pack a punch when it comes to their fat content. But, they also abound with antioxidants (more polyphenols than any other common nut, as a matter of fact!), protein and heart-healthy alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a plant-based omega-3 essential fatty acid.
Find more shrimp recipes here.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, hoisin, tamari and chile-garlic paste; set aside.
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet, heat oil on high. Add beans and stir-fry, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes. Add 3 tbsp water and cook for 4 more minutes. Add shrimp, scallions and hoisin-chile mixture and stir-fry until shrimp are just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Top each serving with walnuts, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 170 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 480 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5.5 g