We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- 8 to 10Servings
BASE & CARAMEL
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 large egg, whisked
- 4 tsp water, divided
- 1 1/4 cups NOW REAL FOOD Organic Monk Fruit 1:1 Sugar Replacement
- ¼ cup cold organic, salted butter, cubed
- 5 oz unsweetened dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp NOW REAL FOOD Organic Monk Fruit 1:1 Sugar Replacement
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut 2 11 x 15-inch sheets parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Prepare base: In a small bowl, whisk together almond four, arrowroot and salt. Add egg and one-half of water and stir together to form a dough. Scrape onto one sheet of parchment and place second sheet on top. Roll out into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle and transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Peel off top sheet of parchment. Bake for 10 minutes, until light golden.
3. Prepare caramel: To a medium saucepan on medium, add monk fruit sweetener and remaining one-half of water. Once sweetener has dissolved, increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until it reaches a light golden color. (NOTE: You may notice some evaporation coming out of saucepan; keep your exhaust fan on.) Turn off heat; cool for 3 minutes. Carefully whisk in butter, 1 cube at a time. Pour over crust. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes, until set.
4. Prepare chocolate top: Bring a small pot of water to a simmer and place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over top. Add remaining monk fruit sweetener, stirring until chocolate is melted and sweetener is dissolved. Pour chocolate over top of caramel in baking dish, spreading with a spatula. Sprinkle with pepitas.
5. Refrigerate for 40 minutes, until fully set. Break into pieces and package into containers.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 331
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 39 mg
- Fat Content: 30 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 120 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g