1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut 2 11 x 15-inch sheets parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Prepare base: In a small bowl, whisk together almond four, arrowroot and salt. Add egg and one-half of water and stir together to form a dough. Scrape onto one sheet of parchment and place second sheet on top. Roll out into a 9 x 13-inch rectangle and transfer to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Peel off top sheet of parchment. Bake for 10 minutes, until light golden.
3. Prepare caramel: To a medium saucepan on medium, add monk fruit sweetener and remaining one-half of water. Once sweetener has dissolved, increase heat to medium-high and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until it reaches a light golden color. (NOTE: You may notice some evaporation coming out of saucepan; keep your exhaust fan on.) Turn off heat; cool for 3 minutes. Carefully whisk in butter, 1 cube at a time. Pour over crust. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes, until set.
4. Prepare chocolate top: Bring a small pot of water to a simmer and place chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over top. Add remaining monk fruit sweetener, stirring until chocolate is melted and sweetener is dissolved. Pour chocolate over top of caramel in baking dish, spreading with a spatula. Sprinkle with pepitas.
5. Refrigerate for 40 minutes, until fully set. Break into pieces and package into containers.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 331
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 39 mg
- Fat Content 30 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 120 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g