Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
How To Use It
- Make a taco salad. Toss lettuce, radishes, salsa and sliced avocado with olive oil and lime juice; top with cooked chorizo crumble.
- To flavor seafood. Cook a little bit of chorizo in a pot, then add broth. Stir in mussels or clams, cover and steam.
- As a scramble. Cook chorizo crumble, then add chopped green onions and sauté until tender. Add beaten eggs and scramble. Top with salsa, coconut yogurt and cilantro.
- As a bowl. Add cooked cauli-rice to a bowl and top with chorizo, guacamole, radishes, tomatoes and any other Whole30-approved fixings.
1. In a medium bowl, combine ancho chile powder, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, oregano, black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne (if using) and cloves; add vinegar and stir to form a paste. Add pork; using your hands, mix thoroughly until ingredients are well incorporated and mixture is reddish- brown throughout. Wrap bowl tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight to let flavors develop.
2. In a large skillet, on medium, heat oil. Add mixture, stirring occasionally, until golden and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days, or freeze up to 3 months.
- Serving Size ⅛ of recipe
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 38 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 271 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g