If you liked this cranberry chicken, try this raw butternut squash & cranberry salad.
COST PER SERVING
Video: Cooking Rice
Learn to cook the perfect pot of rice - Chef Jo has four kinds to share, two of which are sure to impress guests!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup brown rice
- Zest 1 orange
- Juice 1 orange
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 cup whole cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 equal portions (TIP: Butterfly breasts into halves if they are more than 1-inch thick.)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp dried sage
- Cook rice according to package directions, first adding zest to pot when you add water. When rice is cooked through, remove from heat and stir in orange juice, paprika and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Chop cranberries and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium for 1 minute. Add chicken, swirl to coat in oil and saute for 3 minutes or until chicken begins to turn golden brown. Flip breasts over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add cranberries, honey, 1/4 cup water, mustard, sage and remaining 1/2 tsp salt to chicken. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Cut into thickest part of breast to check for doneness. If still pink, continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Continue cooking sauce for another 10 minutes or until it has reduced to a thick paste. Mound out 3/4 cup rice onto each of 4 plates. Serve 4 oz chicken topped with 1 tbsp cranberry sauce.
- Serving Size: 3/4 c rice, 4 oz chicken, 1 T cranberry sauce
- Calories: 352
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 65 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 554 mg
- Sugar Content: 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g