If you liked this cranberry chicken, try this raw butternut squash & cranberry salad.
COST PER SERVING
Video: Cooking Rice
Learn to cook the perfect pot of rice – Chef Jo has four kinds to share, two of which are sure to impress guests!
- Cook rice according to package directions, first adding zest to pot when you add water. When rice is cooked through, remove from heat and stir in orange juice, paprika and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Chop cranberries and set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium for 1 minute. Add chicken, swirl to coat in oil and saute for 3 minutes or until chicken begins to turn golden brown. Flip breasts over and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add cranberries, honey, 1/4 cup water, mustard, sage and remaining 1/2 tsp salt to chicken. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes. Cut into thickest part of breast to check for doneness. If still pink, continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Continue cooking sauce for another 10 minutes or until it has reduced to a thick paste. Mound out 3/4 cup rice onto each of 4 plates. Serve 4 oz chicken topped with 1 tbsp cranberry sauce.
- Serving Size 3/4 c rice, 4 oz chicken, 1 T cranberry sauce
- Calories 352
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 554 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g