Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more easy chicken supper recipes here!
Nutritional Bonus: This scrape-the-plate chicken recipe dishes up 96% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin C per serving thanks to vibrant bell peppers. Vitamin C is a water-soluble nutrient that helps keep your immune system functioning optimally while also working to prevent free radical damage in the body.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, honey, thyme and cayenne. In a large zip-top bag, combine chicken and 2⁄3 cup mustard mixture and massage bag to coat chicken. Refrigerate, turning and mixing through the bag 2 to 3 times, for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining mustard mixture.
- Arrange 1 oven rack in highest position. Preheat broiler to high and line a large baking sheet or broiler pan with foil. Place peppers on sheet and broil until tops are black. Remove from oven and use tongs to turn peppers. Return to oven and repeat roasting process until all sides are black, keeping a close watch as oven times vary. Immediately transfer peppers to a large bowl and cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Set aside until peppers are cool enough to handle. With your fingers, peel off blackened skin. Remove and discard stems and seeds and thinly slice; set aside (MAKE AHEAD: Prepare this step up to 1 day in advance; cover and refrigerate.)
- Arrange 1 oven rack 7 to 8 inches from top element. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. Remove chicken from marinade, shaking off excess, and transfer to sheet in a single layer; discard marinade. Broil on high until tops are golden, 7 to 10 minutes. Turn and broil until reverse sides are golden and chicken is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, add peppers and top with chicken. (MAKE AHEAD: Prepare recipe through Step 3 up to 8 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- Heat oven to 300°F. Pour reserved mustard mixture over top of chicken-pepper mixture and toss to coat. Bake uncovered until heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds and parsley and serve.
- Serving Size 1 thigh and 1/12 of mixed peppers
- Calories 123
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 63 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 67 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g