Video: Leafy Green Vegetables
Like mom always said: Eat your greens! Chef Jo gives you the lowdown on super-nutritious leafy green vegetables and how to use them in your cooking.
Nutritional Bonus: Not only does this nutrient-rich dish provide over 100% of your daily needs for vitamins A and C, but it also offers nearly two-thirds of your fiber requirement and an impressive ratio of omega-3 fatty acids to omega-6s.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add lentils and kale. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove lid and simmer 5 to 10 minutes more or until lentils and kale are tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile, place salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Bake for 12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together honey and mustard. When salmon is ready, remove fillets from oven and coat thoroughly with honey-mustard glaze. Return to oven and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Divide lentil mixture among 4 plates. Top each with a salmon fillet and serve immediately.
- Serving Size 6 oz fillet, 3/4 tbsp glaze, 1 1/4 cups lentil mixture
- Calories 471
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 16 g
- Protein Content 48 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 282 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g