- Prep Time
- 1 lb honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and cut into chunks (about ½ small melon)
- 1 cup blackberries, divided
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest + 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- Pinch each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. To a serving bowl, add melon and ½ cup blackberries (or divide among individual bowls); refrigerate.
2. To a small saucepan on low, add lime zest and juice, cane juice and 2 tbsp water, stirring occasionally, until cane juice dissolves, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
3. In a small bowl, combine remaining ½ cup blackberries, lime juice mixture, 2 tbsp basil, salt and pepper. Mash until berries are broken down and mixture looks saucy; drizzle over fruit. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp basil.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 48
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 39 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g