Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Want to save time in the morning? Find 3 “overnight” breakfast recipes here!
- In a medium saucepan, bring 5 cups water to a boil. Add buckwheat, oats and chia, whisking immediately to prevent chia from clumping; reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir almonds, sesame seeds and cinnamon into oats. To serve, spoon out 1¼ cups oat mixture into a bowl and top with a generous 1/3 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup kiwi.
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups of mixture, 1/3 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup kiwi
- Calories 391
- Carbohydrate Content 64 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g