Try our recipe for a Loaded Quinoa Bowl.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp each ground cumin and ground coriander
- 1 tsp each ground turmeric and smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 3 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- All-natural hot sauce, to taste, optional
- In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika and cayenne (if using) and sauté until the garlic and spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 6 cups water and quinoa and bring to a simmer. Cover and allow quinoa to cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans, nutritional yeast, lime zest, juice and salt. Heat through, about 2 minutes. Top with cilantro and hot sauce (if using).
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 559
- Carbohydrate Content: 91.5 g
- Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Fiber Content: 18 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 398 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5.5 g