Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Try our recipe for a Loaded Quinoa Bowl.
- In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, cumin, coriander, turmeric, paprika and cayenne (if using) and sauté until the garlic and spices are fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in 6 cups water and quinoa and bring to a simmer. Cover and allow quinoa to cook, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans, nutritional yeast, lime zest, juice and salt. Heat through, about 2 minutes. Top with cilantro and hot sauce (if using).
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 559
- Carbohydrate Content 91.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5.5 g
- Fiber Content 18 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 398 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5.5 g