Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Excerpted with permission from Pure Food by Veronica Bosgraaf.
- For the dough, heat the almond milk and oil in small saucepan set over medium heat and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the sugar until it is finely ground. Add the white whole-wheat flour, yeast, and salt and pulse two or three times to combine. With the machine running, slowly put the hot almond milk through the feed tube. Add the whole-wheat flour 1/4 cup at a time, pulsing until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface. Knead for 4 to 5 minutes, and then shape into a ball. Put the dough in a large oiled bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Dust 2 baking sheets lightly with flour and set aside.
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 4 equal pieces. Lightly dust a cutting board with flour and roll each piece out into a circle that is 1/8 inch thick. Transfer 2 crust to each of the prepared baking sheets and prick the surfaces all over with a fork. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake the crusts until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- For the toppings, heat the oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the pizzas by spreading the hummus over the crusts and arranging the arugula, mushrooms, and tomatoes on top. Serve immediately.
- Calories 0
- Carbohydrate Content 0 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g