Prep this easy plant-based sandwich in the morning and it will be delicious at lunch time. Pack ¼ cup of the hummus and the carrots sticks as a side.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 thin slices whole-wheat or sourdough bread
- ½ cup hummus, divided (TIP: Look for varieties that are lower in sodium)
- ¼ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ tomato, sliced
- ½ cup loose packed baby spinach
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into sticks
- Over one side of each bread slice, divide ¼ cup hummus. Top with cucumber, tomato, spinach and avocado and assemble as a sandwich.
- Enjoy with a side of carrot sticks and remaining ¼ cup hummus.
This recipe is part of the “Your Quit-Sugar Meal Plan“
- Serving Size 1 sandwich
- Calories 590
- Carbohydrate Content 73 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 20 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 656 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g