Find more chicken recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups raw polenta (aka corn grits)
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 3 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- In a deep 9-inch glass baking dish, add 1/4 tsp oil and rub along sides and bottom of dish to coat; set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 4½ cups water to a boil. Stir in polenta and tomatoes and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. (NOTE: Polenta will pop and bubble as it cooks; use a long-handled spoon for stirring to avoid scalding.) Add Parmesan and cook, stirring constantly, until completely melted, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon polenta into baking dish and set aside until set, about 15 minutes; polenta should easily pull away from sides of dish when jiggled.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 3/4 tsp oil on medium. Add chicken and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until thickest piece of chicken is cooked through. Add basil and paprika and stir to coat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place a large plate over top of polenta dish. Holding plate and dish tightly, gently invert polenta onto plate and let cool for 2 minutes. Cut polenta into quarters and divide among serving plates. Serve with chicken, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 3 oz chicken and 11 oz polenta
- Calories: 411
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 84 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 548 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g