Find more chicken recipes here!
Polentahelps protect your vision: it is rich in carotenoids, plant pigments that help with healthy cell growth. When converted to vitamin A, carotenoids can also help support proper eye health and night vision. One study noted that carotenoids found in milled yellow corn products such as polenta are “highly bioaccessible,” meaning they are as easily digested (to a similar or higher extent) as some more well-known carotenoid sources, such as carrots.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1½ cups raw polenta (aka corn grits)
- 1 oz sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 3 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- In a deep 9-inch glass baking dish, add 1/4 tsp oil and rub along sides and bottom of dish to coat; set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 4½ cups water to a boil. Stir in polenta and tomatoes and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes. (NOTE: Polenta will pop and bubble as it cooks; use a long-handled spoon for stirring to avoid scalding.) Add Parmesan and cook, stirring constantly, until completely melted, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon polenta into baking dish and set aside until set, about 15 minutes; polenta should easily pull away from sides of dish when jiggled.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining 3/4 tsp oil on medium. Add chicken and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until thickest piece of chicken is cooked through. Add basil and paprika and stir to coat. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place a large plate over top of polenta dish. Holding plate and dish tightly, gently invert polenta onto plate and let cool for 2 minutes. Cut polenta into quarters and divide among serving plates. Serve with chicken, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 3 oz chicken and 11 oz polenta
- Calories: 411
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 84 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 548 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g