See this worked into a meal plan here.
Hands-on Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes (plus marinating time)
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tbsp double-concentrated unsalted tomato paste
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1½ tsp ground
- turmeric, divided
- 1 tsp each ground cayenne pepper, garam masala and Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 head cauliflower,
- florets only
- 2 carrots, chopped into ¼-inch rounds
- 1½ tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- Chopped fresh
- cilantro, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, tomato paste, ginger, 1 tsp turmeric, cayenne, garam masala, paprika and garlic. Add chicken and stir to coat. Transfer to an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight for best results.
- Arrange 1 rack in top and 1 rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 450°F. Remove chicken from refrigerator, uncover and let sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large heavy-duty zip-top bag, combine cauliflower, carrots, curry powder, garlic powder, remaining 1/2 tsp turmeric and 2 tsp oil. Seal bag and shake to coat. Spread on a large baking sheet. Transfer vegetables to top rack and chicken to center rack and bake for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium-high. Add cumin and toast, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add rice and toast, stirring constantly, until translucent, about 1 minute. Stir in 1½ cups water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until water is absorbed and rice is tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Serve chicken with rice and vegetables. Sprinkle with cilantro (if using).
Nutrients per serving (3 oz chicken, 1 cup vegetables, 3/4 cup rice): Calories:360, Total Fat: 7 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 42 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars:7 g, Protein: 32 g, Sodium:139 mg, Cholesterol:70 mg