Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more vegetarian recipes here!
- Prepare chutney: In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat ¼ tsp oil on medium. Add 1/4 cup onion and sauté, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Add 1 minced clove garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Stir in mango, vinegar, honey, 1/4 tsp garam masala, 1/8 tsp salt and 2 tbsp water. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer, mashing mango with the back of a wooden spoon, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse remaining 2 whole cloves garlic until minced. Add remaining 1/4 cup onion, lentils, egg, bread crumbs, carrot, ¼ cup cilantro, tomato paste and remaining 1/4 tsp garam masala and ¼ plus 1/8 tsp salt. Pulse just until mixture comes together, about 10 seconds. Transfer to a large bowl and use your hands to shape mixture into 4 equal patties. With your thumb, form a slight indent in the center of each.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining ¾ tsp oil on medium-high. Add patties and cook, using a spatula to flatten slightly, until golden, about 3 minutes per side. To serve, top patties with chutney and garnish with additional cilantro.
- Serving Size 1 patty and 1/4 of chutney
- Calories 263
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 421 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g