Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. With a fork, prick potatoes all over. Bake directly on rack until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool just enough to handle. Halve each potato lengthwise and carefully scoop flesh into a bowl, being careful not to scrape skins. Set potato flesh and skins aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together yogurt, cucumber and 1/8 tsp salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter on medium. Add mustard seeds and cook, stirring, until seeds begin to pop, about 1 minute. Add cumin and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add ginger, garlic and chile pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute. Add potato flesh and buttermilk. With a potato masher, coarsely mash mixture together. Add chickpeas and remaining ½ tsp salt and coarsely mash. Fold in 2 tbsp cilantro. Spoon into potato skins, dividing evenly.
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and arrange potatoes, skin side down, on sheet. Broil until filling is golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve with yogurt mixture and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp cilantro.
- Serving Size 2 potato halves and 1/4 of yogurt mixture
- Calories 448
- Carbohydrate Content 78 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 151 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 443 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g