Find more holiday recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter, cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chopped unsalted pecans
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice, divided
- 1/4 tsp plus pinch sea salt, divided
- 2 1/2 lb sweet-tart apples (such as McIntosh), peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 5 apples)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- Mist 10 ½-cup ramekins with cooking spray and arrange on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Prepare crumble topping: In a medium bowl, combine flour and butter, working butter into flour with a pastry cutter, a fork or your fingertips until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Stir in oats, pecans, 1/3 cup cane juice and ¼ tsp salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, remaining 2 tbsp cane juice and pinch salt. Transfer fruit to ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle crumble topping over apples and bake for 60 minutes, until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown. Set aside to cool 10 minutes. Top each crumble with crème fraîche, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size: 10
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 12 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 66 mg
- Sugar Content: 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g