We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Prep Time
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 14-oz pkg organic firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce (TRY: San J Reduced-Sodium Tamari)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp garlic powder (TRY: Simply Organic Garlic Powder)
- 1½ tbsp each onion powder, red pepper flakes, ground cinnamon and ground ginger (TRY: Simply Organic Onion Powder, Red Pepper Flakes, Ground Cinnamon, and Ground Ginger)
- 1 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 2 cups chopped red cabbage
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 5 oz thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch each fresh basil and cilantro, stems removed
- 1 16-oz pkg brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 limes, each cut into 6 slices
- all-natural hot sauce, optional
- 6 32-oz heat-proof Mason jars with lids
1. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add tofu and cook for about 8 minutes, until golden brown, turning halfway.
2. Add soy sauce and maple syrup and stir to coat; cook until sauce has been absorbed, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. To a small skillet on medium, add garlic powder, onion powder, pepper flakes, cinnamon and ginger. Toast until fragrant, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and combine with salt and black pepper.
4. Divide spice mixture among jars. To each jar add 1/3 cup cabbage, 1/3 cup carrots, 1/3 cup mushrooms and one-sixth of tofu, green onions, basil, cilantro and noodles.
5. Squeeze 2 wedges of lime into each jar and then place into the jar. Seal jars and refrigerate.
6. When ready to eat, remove lime then fill Mason jar with boiling water, about 3 cups. Place lid on jar and let sit until noodles are cooked, about 8 minutes. Drizzle with hot sauce (if using).
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 471
- Carbohydrate Content: 86 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 6.5 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 685 mg
- Sugar Content: 8.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g