Tip: To prepare on the stove top, place chicken, 1 cup water and onion in a saucepan on medium-low. Simmer 45 to 50 minutes, until chicken can be shredded with 2 forks.
See Also Cooking with Monk Fruit Sweetener
1. Cook chicken: In the Instant Pot, place chicken, 1 cup water and onion. Lock lid and set release valve to “sealing.” Adjust to high pressure and cook for 30 minutes. When cooking is done, let pressure release for 10 minutes (don’t move the vent). Carefully set release valve to venting. When metal pin in lid falls and all pressure is released, unlock lid. Transfer chicken and onion to a large bowl with a slotted spoon.
2. Prepare sauce: In a small saucepan on low, whisk ½ cup water, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire, paprika, garlic powder, monk fruit sweetener, salt and cayenne until smooth. Simmer for 12 minutes, whisking occasionally, until thick and glossy. Toss chicken to coat with sauce.
3. In a large bowl, mix all coleslaw ingredients together. Fill each bun with pulled chicken and coleslaw.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 587
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 134 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 730 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 16 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g