Love this leek salad? Find more leek recipes here.
Video: Cooking with Onions
Try not to cry! Watch as Chef Jo explains the different kinds of onions you find in the supermarket and how best to use them.
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté leeks in extra-virgin olive oil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. In a bowl, combine artichokes, leeks and pine nuts. In a separate small bowl, stir together Oregano & Garlic-Infused Olive Oil, vinegar, lemon zest and pepper. Pour oil-vinegar mixture onto vegetables and stir until evenly distributed. Leftovers can be stored in fridge for 4 to 5 days; don’t freeze.
OREGANO & GARLIC–INFUSED OLIVE OIL
- Pour oil, garlic and oregano in a bottle. Cover and store for 1 day in your pantry before using to allow flavors to meld and become more pungent. Oil can be kept for up to 2 weeks.
- Serving Size 1-cup
- Calories 140
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 180 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g