Nutritional Bonus: These sliders provide 11 g of lean, metabolism-boosting protein in every serving. Studies show that consuming enough protein is a key factor for controlling your weight, as it keeps you feeling full and satisfied.
Love meaty snacks? Try out homemade jerky recipe, too!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine turkey, garlic, egg white, onion, bell peppers, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Gently mix until combined. Using a spoon or small scooper, from into patties about 1 scant tbsp each, making about 24 sliders; place on sheet. (MAKE AHEAD: Prepare patties up to one day in advance, wrap tray in plastic wrap an refrigerate.)
- Transfer to oven and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip patties over. Bake for 5 more minutes. Remove patties from oven; spoon marinara over each patty and sprinkle each with cheese, dividing evenly. Switch oven to broiler setting on high, return to oven and broil for 4 to 5 minutes, until cooked through and cheese is bubbling. Using a fork or tongs, transfer each patty into a pita or bun.
- Serving Size 2 meatball sliders
- Calories 213
- Carbohydrate Content 29 g
- Cholesterol Content 21 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 554 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g