Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Superbly Healthy Herbs
Adding fresh herbs such as rosemary and oregano to your dishes can be a great way of punching up flavor, reducing the need for excess fat or salt. But they don’t just add taste: They also contain powerful antioxidants such as rosmarinic acid and carnosol in rosemary and thymol in oregano.
- In a large pot, heat 1 tsp oil on medium- high. Sprinkle pork with paprika and add to pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a large plate and set aside.
- To same pot, add 1½ cups water, pasta, tomatoes and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 8 to 9 minutes, until pasta is tender. Stir in pork and any accumulated juices, spinach, oregano, rosemary, salt and remaining 3 tsp oil. Stir until spinach is slightly wilted. Divide among serving bowls and top with cheese (if using).
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups
- Calories 224
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 315 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g