Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, cane juice, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Form a well in center of mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg and milk. Pour into well of flour mixture. With a rubber spatula, fold milk mixture into flour mixture. Fold in jalapeño, corn and ¼ cup cheddar until just combined. (NOTE: Batter should be lumpy; do not over-mix.)
- Spoon batter into pan, smoothing surface. Sprinkle with additional cheddar (if using). Bake until lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center of loaf, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Invert pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size 1 1/2-inch slice
- Calories 108
- Carbohydrate Content 22 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 131 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g