Find more gluten-free recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb turnips, peeled and each cut into 8 chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 lb collard greens, rinsed, chopped and tough stems removed (Note: Do not pat greens dry.)
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked for 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a medium bowl, toss turnips and 2 tsp oil. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine thyme, allspice, ginger, ¼ tsp cayenne and ¼ tsp salt. In a large bowl, toss pork with vinegar and thyme mixture to coat. Thread skewers with pork and onion, dividing evenly. Arrange an oven-safe wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and place skewers on rack.
- About 10 minutes before turnips are done, add skewers to oven and bake for 10 minutes, until thickest piece of pork is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium. Add greens and cook until just soft, adding water in 1 tbsp increments as needed, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 tsp oil and ¼ tsp each cayenne and salt. Remove from heat. Serve skewers with turnips and greens.
- Serving Size: 2 skewers and 1/4 of turnips and greens
- Calories: 242
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 74 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 401 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g