Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more gluten-free recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a medium bowl, toss turnips and 2 tsp oil. Spread on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine thyme, allspice, ginger, ¼ tsp cayenne and ¼ tsp salt. In a large bowl, toss pork with vinegar and thyme mixture to coat. Thread skewers with pork and onion, dividing evenly. Arrange an oven-safe wire rack on a foil-lined baking sheet and place skewers on rack.
- About 10 minutes before turnips are done, add skewers to oven and bake for 10 minutes, until thickest piece of pork is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium. Add greens and cook until just soft, adding water in 1 tbsp increments as needed, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 tsp oil and ¼ tsp each cayenne and salt. Remove from heat. Serve skewers with turnips and greens.
- Serving Size 2 skewers and 1/4 of turnips and greens
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 74 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 401 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g