Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more vegetarian recipes here!
- Cut garlic head in half through the middle to expose centers of cloves. Place garlic in slow cooker. Trim white parts from green onions, and add white parts to slow cooker along with kombu and ginger. Finely chop green tops of green onions, and set aside.
- Add tamari, mirin, cane juice (if using), and 8 cups water to slow cooker. Cover, and cook on low for 4 to 8 hours. Strain, and discard solids. Return broth to slow cooker, add mushrooms and carrots, cover, and cook 1 hour more, or until vegetables are tender.
- Divide noodles among 4 large bowls. Top with snow peas, then ladle broth over top. Garnish with chopped green onions and, if using, oil and seeds.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 289
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 588 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g