Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 whole chicken, separated into pieces
- 2 Scotch bonnet peppers, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ziggy Marley’s Coco’Mon Coconut Oil, or coconut oil of your choosing
- 1 lemon, sliced into 4–6 pieces
- Set chicken aside.
- Using a food processor, blend remaining ingredients into a paste (except for the lemon slices).
- Rub all over chicken.
- Grill chicken over medium or medium-high heat for 5–6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Recipes written by Ziggy Marley and excerpted fromZiggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals made with Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen, copyright 2016 by Tuff Gong Worldwide, used with permission of Akashic Books (akashicbooks.com) and Tuff Gong Worldwide.