To cut tofu into planks, simply slice a block of tofu crosswise into eight equal sections.
- In a large bowl, combine one-half of the lime juice with jerk seasoning, ginger and garlic. Add tofu; gently turn to coat. Set aside. (TIP: For more intense flavor, marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes or longer.)
- Prepare salsa: In a large bowl, toss together mango, cilantro and remaining one-half of lime juice. Season with salt, to taste. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Working in batches, add tofu and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown. Serve tofu with mango salsa and top with almonds and coconut.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 459
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 495 mg
- Sugar Content 27 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g