Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Try these 5 Simple Salad Dressings for a creative alternative to your everyday salad.
- To a large saucepan, add sliced lemon, herb sprigs, onion and 4 to 5 inches of water (enough to cover chicken by about 1 inch). Cover and bring to a boil. Add chicken. As soon as water starts bubbling, reduce heat to medium to maintain a slow simmer. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink in thickest part and temperature registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 10 to 14 minutes, turning chicken halfway through. Transfer chicken to a cutting board to cool. (NOTE: Chicken may be cooked up to 2 days ahead. Cool and refrigerate in an airtight container. Chicken may be served warm, cold or at room temperature.)
- To a large bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, oil, anchovies (if using), 1 tbsp chives and onion powder; stir to combine. Add kale, tomatoes, pepper and salt. Toss well to combine.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, slice against the grain. Divide salad among 4 plates. Top each plate evenly with chicken, walnuts and remaining 1 tbsp chives.
- Serving Size 2 cups salad and 1 cup chicken
- Calories 353
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 75 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 203 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g