Kale & Mushroom Frittata
Simple one-pan meals can be your best friend when you're preparing for the week ahead. Filled with hearty kale and earthy mushrooms this frittata cooks up a satisfying meal that you can feed you for most of the week.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil + additional for greasing
- ⅓ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- pesto or pico de gallo, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish with oil. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and kale and cook 4 minutes more. Add garlic, pepper and salt and cook 30 seconds more, until garlic is fragrant. Transfer to baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and Parmesan, then pour over vegetables.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. When cool, cut into 8 slices (2 slices per serving). Top with pesto or pico de gallo before serving.
NOTE: Refrigerate half and freeze remaining. Thaw and/or heat before serving.