1. Make vinaigrette: Add all dressing ingredients to a small food processor and process until smooth.
2. Make salad: Preheat oven to 400ºF; place a large baking sheet in oven as it preheats. In a large bowl, combine potato, avocado oil, salt, pepper and cayenne (if using); toss. Spread on hot sheet and roast until tender, golden and caramelized in spots, 20 to 24 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium. Break up sausage into skillet and cook, stirring often and breaking up large pieces, until cooked through and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
4. In a large bowl, combine kale and enough dressing to lightly coat leaves. Using your hands, massage kale until wilted and tender. Divide among plates or shallow bowls. Top with sweet potato, sausage and apple; drizzle with a little more dressing and sprinkle with pecans.
MAKE AHEAD: Make vinaigrette up to 2 days ahead; keep covered in the refrigerator. Toast pecans, cook sausage and roast sweet potatoes the day before. Keep sweet potatoes and sausage covered, separately, in refrigerator; keep pecans covered at room temperature.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 514
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 25 mg
- Fat Content 38 g
- Fiber Content 6.5 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 778 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 25 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g